The Latest: Woodstock 50 in talks with alternate venue

FILE - In a March 19, 2019 file photo, hip hop recording artist Common, left, and Woodstock co-producer and co-founder, Michael Lang, participate in the Woodstock 50 lineup announcement at Electric Lady Studios, in New York. The fate of the Woodstock 50 festival is further in doubt after Watkins Glen International announced Monday, June 10, 2019 that it’s not hosting the anniversary event. Watkins Glen issued a two-sentence statement Monday saying it had terminated the site license for the festival “pursuant to provisions of the contract.”(Photo by Evan Agostini/Invision/AP, File)

WATKINS GLEN, N.Y. — The Latest on the Woodstock 50 festival (all times local):

8:15 p.m.

A principal organizer of the Woodstock 50 festival says he and others are in discussions with another venue to host the event after Watkins Glen International pulled out.

Gregory Peck said organizers "look forward to sharing the new location when tickets go on sale in the coming weeks."

Earlier Monday, Watkins Glen issued a statement saying it had terminated the site license for the festival scheduled for Aug. 16-18.

The festival has faced a series of issues since a falling-out with backer Amplifi Live in April.

The festival announced last month that investment bank Oppenheimer & Co. had signed on as a financial adviser to pull money together.

The tentative lineup includes Jay-Z, Santana, Miley Cyrus, John Fogerty, Dead & Company and Imagine Dragons.

___

5:10 p.m.

The fate of the Woodstock 50 festival is further in doubt after Watkins Glen International announced it's not hosting the anniversary event.

Watkins Glen issued a two-sentence statement Monday saying it had terminated the site license for the festival "pursuant to provisions of the contract."

A representative of the festival says a comment will be issued soon.

The festival scheduled Aug. 16-18 has faced a series of issues since a falling-out with backer Amplifi Live in April. Woodstock co-founder and 50th anniversary festival organizer Michael Lang filed a lawsuit against the investor.

The festival announced last month that investment bank Oppenheimer & Co. had signed on as a financial adviser to pull money together.

The tentative lineup includes Jay-Z, Santana, Miley Cyrus, John Fogerty, Dead & Company and Imagine Dragons.

People also read these

Kenny Baker, who played R2-D2 in 'Star Wars,'...

Aug 13, 2016

Kenny Baker, the 3-foot 8-inch (1.1 meter) actor who played R2-D2 in the "Star Wars" films, has died

Gabby Douglas calls Twitter bullying 'really...

Aug 14, 2016

Gabby Douglas calls Twitter bullying 'really hurtful' as she leaves Olympic stage

Court rejects Cosby's attempt to reseal testimony...

Aug 15, 2016

A federal appeals court has rejected Bill Cosby's effort to reseal his deposition testimony about...

Olympic fans injured outside arena when camera...

Aug 15, 2016

Seven people were injured Monday when an elevated television camera plummeted more than 60 feet to...

Brian Williams to anchor late campaign newscast...

Aug 16, 2016

MSNBC's Brian Williams is getting a regular time slot, at least for a couple of months

About Us

The World Insiders brings you exclusive coverage from across the globe in a timely, easy to consume format sourced directly from our regional media partners.

Contact us: sales[at]theworldinsiders.com

Subscribe Now!